AMLA (INDIAN GOOSEBERRY)
- Amla or Indian gooseberry (Emblica Officinalis) is an extremely sour, nutritious tree fruit grown in India, the Middle East, and a few other Southeast Asian countries. The benefits of amla powder or Amalaki are plentiful and can be eaten in any form, whether juiced, dried, or untreated.
- Because of its strong antioxidant properties, it is often used to increase the health of the skin and hair, as well as the overall immunity of the body. It is a great source of Vitamin C. A range of (gallic acid, ellagic acid, corilagin, etc.) is also loaded with it.
- Polyphenols are antioxidants that prevent free radical damage and prevent various forms of cancer and cardiovascular diseases. The dried and fresh fruit of the plant is used in ayurvedic medicine. In several herbal products of Ayurvedic medicine, many parts of the plant are used, such as the fruit, seed, leaves, root, bark.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF AMLA
Because of the large variety of nutrients present in it, Amla is known to provide a number of health benefits
Some of the common health benefits of Amla include
1. BENEFICIAL FOR EYES
- Amla has a high number of vitamins that make the muscles of your eyes stronger and healthier. It is enriched with vitamin C, which is extremely important for improving eye vision and avoiding macular degeneration associated with age.
- Amla has vitamin C that helps to improve the functioning of the retinal cells. Amla antioxidants protect the retina of the eye from chronic inflammation, reducing the risk of cataracts. It has vitamin C that helps to improve the functioning of the retinal cells.
- Amla is a great remedy to improve your eyesight. It is packed with a number of nutrients, particularly vitamin C and other antioxidants. Daily Consumption of Amla helps improve our eyesight, removes itching, redness problems. Vitamin C helps improve capillaries and helps to maintain the proper functioning of retinal cells.
2. BENEFICIAL FOR HAIR
- Amla is a rich source of vitamin C. Vitamin C has antioxidant properties and can help balance free radicals that cause oxidative stress that cause hair loss, damage, and premature aging, and greying of the hair.
- Amla juice’s antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties also make it a great tonic for your hair. Hair loss is due to lack of vitamin C and iron in the body, stress, poor diet, and Amla helps to reduce these problems.
- Amla also contains tannins which help protect your hair from heat and photodamage. Regular use of Amla juice makes your hair soft and shiny.
3. BENEFICIAL FOR WEIGHT LOSS
- Accumulation of harmful toxins in the body is sometimes the underlying cause behind sudden weight gain in many cases.
- Amla, rich in fiber content, can be great for flushing toxins from the body, regulating digestion, keeping the intestines working fine, and combating constipation. This helps you to lose weight.
- Obesity is often caused by insufficient or inadequate metabolism in the human body. Amla juice can be helpful to your metabolism. Not just one, but many diseases, including heart disease and diabetes, are associated with obesity.
4. BENEFICIAL FOR DIGESTION
- Amla cleanses and protects the liver, which plays a critical role in turning food into nutrients that are physiologically useful. For constipation, it is very effective. The dry powder of the Amla fruit is also a perfect home treatment for stomach ulcers and hyperacidity.
- Amla is a good anti-inflammatory agent that fights against the acid accumulated in the stomach. Amla is a cooling agent that helps prevent gastrointestinal diseases from occurring. It is a rich source of high fiber material that works fine for the digestive system.
- It is a natural acid reducer and provides relief from hyperchlorhydria. It also improves the appetite and ignites the fire of digestion. Without aggravating the pitta, amla stokes the digestive fire. Amla cleanses and protects the liver, which plays a critical role in turning food into nutrients that are physiologically useful. For constipation, it is very effective. The dry powder of the Amla fruit is also a perfect home treatment for stomach ulcers and hyperacidity.
5. BENEFICIAL FOR IMMUNE SYSTEM
- A powerful immune system is the first safeguard against the virus, which can cause life-threatening health problems. It is an outstanding source of vitamin C that promotes immunity.
- Amla has chromium that can help the body decrease bad cholesterol and keeps the immune system strong. Amla has different antioxidants that can help to neutralize free radicals and prevent you from getting many diseases.
- Amla also has anti-bacterial properties which help to cleanse your system. Amla has been used for a long time to treat cough and cold symptoms, which also contribute to chest congestion.
6. BENEFICIAL FOR DIABETICS
- For diabetics, Amla is very useful. Amla contains chromium, which makes the body more responsive to insulin and controls blood glucose levels. It removes toxins from the body and heals the metabolism of cells, making it better for diabetics.
- Amla contains polyphenols with properties known to protect our bodies against oxidative stress caused by high blood sugar levels.
- Amla is an important conventional treatment for pancreatitis prevention. Insulin is important for regulating blood sugar levels and is formed in the pancreas. Amla is known to stabilize pancreatitis and consequently monitor blood sugar levels efficiently.
7. BENEFICIAL FOR STRESS
- Amla is a powerful stress reliever and can contribute to sound sleep induction. To induce sleep and relieve headaches, massage your forehead with amla oil.
- It also prevents nerve cells from free-radical damage, preventing diseases such as Alzheimer’s. The high iron content of Amla facilitates the transport of oxygen, preventing brain degeneration.
- Adaptogens are potent, natural substances that help the body adjust to any type of stress. Amla fruit has adaptogenic qualities which are very helpful for stress.
8. BENEFICIAL FOR HEART
- Amla is rich in many nutrients that are heart-friendly, which prevents the blockage of blood flow to the heart and lowers bad cholesterol. It also helps to boost good cholesterol in the body. Amla strengthens the muscles of the heart, decreases cholesterol, and regulates hypertension.
- Triglyceride significantly reduced by its consumption. It also protects the arteries from fat and plaque accumulation, preventing atherosclerosis.
- Research studies have shown that amla intake can reduce low-density levels of bad cholesterol, overall cholesterol, and triglycerides, all of which are considered risk factors for heart disease.